The Castle Cruiser - Dunedin's only locally owned daily trip to Larnach Castle
We are Dunedin's ONLY locally owned and operated daily Larnach Castle tour, ensuring that your money stays inside of Dunedin rather than go to out of town corporate businesses.
We are also the longest of the tours going to Larnach Castle which means you get more time to explore the Castle and grounds. Included as standard is a comprehensive tour of Dunedin City. We will tell you all you will ever need to know about this NZ icon and the backstory that makes it so interesting.
Our knowledge of Larnach Castle is unsurpassed. Your tour is both visually stunning (weather dependent) and memorable.
Your bus the "Eliza Jane" is extremely comfortable and has leather reclining seats and air-conditioning. Groups are never more than 13 people + driver/guide.
NOTE: Cruise Ship passengers NZ$20.00pp return transfer is PAYABLE TO THE DRIVER for Port transfers departing from Port at 10.00am. (Port Chalmers is 15km from Dunedin).
Octagon pick ups on Cruise Ship days are at 10.30am.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Larnach Castle & Gardens
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Larnach Castle & Gardens, 145 Camp Rd Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Your tour takes you first on a tour of Dunedin city where you will see various points of interest including stops at the Larnach Tomb, the world's steepest street, University of Otago, Dunedin Railway Station, Otago Peninsula High road and of course Larnach Castle and their wonderfully themed Alice in Wonderland gardens. You will usually spend 2 hrs 15 mins at the Castle.
On a Cruise Ship day given the tour is longer we spend more time at the castle.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Departure Point :Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Holiday Parks and Motels
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.