The Hell's Gate Experience
Spend a few hours experiencing the wonders of Rotorua’s most unique geothermal reserve at Hell’s Gate. Take part in the guided or self-guided interactive geothermal walk, before trying your hand at Maori carving in the interactive carving house. Then indulge in our geothermal mud and sulphur waters, experiencing the healing properties local Maori have been using for centuries. It’s a Rotorua experience you’ll never forget.
Complimentary guided tours depart daily, please see Hell's Gate website for latest departure times.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Guided or Self-Guided Geothermal Walk
- Bathe in Mud Bath & Sulphur Spas
- Maori Carving and Mud Foot Pool
- Complimentary Shuttle Service (Bookings Essential)
- Entry/Admission - Hell's Gate
What's excluded :
- Food & Drink
- Towels & Swimwear
- Visit: Hell's Gate, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere 3010 New Zealand
Combine all three of Hell’s Gate’s most popular experiences with this package. Take part in the guided or self-guided, interactive geothermal walk, before indulging in our geothermal mud baths and sulphur spas. It’s a Rotorua experience you’ll never forget.
Departure Point :Hell's Gate, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere 3010 New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hell's Gate offers a complimentary shuttle service from within Rotorua CBD. Bookings are essential, please check the Hell's Gate website for the latest shuttle timetable and to contact the provider to organise your shuttle service.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We recommend that women do not use our bathing facilities whilst pregnant. However, it is an individual’s choice and we recommend that you seek advice from your health professional if you are wanting to bathe.
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The minimum age for the Mud Bath is 2.5 years, and for the Sulphur Spa is 6 months.
- Children are considered those aged 5 -15. Under 4s are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.