Thermal Getaway Experience - Overnight [2 Day Tour]
Experience the Thermal Getaway Experience by visiting Rotorua in this unique 1 night 2 days tour covering Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, Lady Knox Geyser, Champagne Pool, Mud Pool, Skyline Gondola & Luge Experience, Hell's Gate Excite Experience including Geothermal Walk, Geothermal Mud Baths and Sulphur Spas
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the journey
- Hand-picked accommodation included in our platinum and gold packages
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation
- All entrance and activity fees
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- Entry to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry to Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry to Skyline Rotorua Including Gondola & Luge Rides
- Entry to Hell's Gate Excite Experience
- Entry to Geothermal Walk, Geothermal Mud Baths and Sulphur Spas
- Entry/Admission - Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Waiotapu Boardwalk/ Mud Pool
- Entry/Admission - Skyline Rotorua
- Entry/Admission - Hell's Gate
What's excluded :
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Hand-picked accommodation excluded in our bronze package
Day 1: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, Skyline Gondola, Luge
Stop At: Lady Knox Geyser, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Come and see the history and beauty of the Lady Knox Geyser at 10.15am every day. Presented by our fantastic staff in a natural amphitheatre. Lady Knox Geyser provides a unique opportunity to see an eruption to heights of 10 to 20 metres.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Sculptured out of volcanic activity and thousands of years in the making, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand, extending over 18-sq. km.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Waiotapu Boardwalk/ Mud Pool, Waiotapu Loop Road, Wai-O-Tapu New Zealand
Visit the Mud Pool to complete your experience at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. The largest mud pool in New Zealand, it was originally the site of a large mud volcano which was destroyed through erosion in the 1920’s.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Skyline Rotorua, 178 Fairy Springs Road, Fairy Springs, Rotorua 3015, New Zealand
Your journey here begins by taking a scenic Gondola ride up the side of the dormant volcano Mount Ngongotaha (487 metres above sea level)
There is so much to do at the top including taking the best views of Rotorua
Included in this package is a Gondola ride which takes 7 minutes one way
Included in this package - 4 x Luge rides per person on this tour.
Take the driving seat with gravity-fueled Skyline Luge, the thrill ride for all ages
A world first proudly designed and built in Rotorua. Enjoy a fun-filled gravity ride on a three wheel cart using a unique braking and steering system, giving rider full control.
Hop on the chairlift to return to the top and do it all again!
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: You can find your own accommodation in Rotorua or upgrade your experience to have accommodation included (charges apply)
Day 2: Hell's Gate Excite Experience
Stop At: Hell's Gate, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere 3010 New Zealand
More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it's done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand's most unique geothermal experience!
Hell's Gate Geothermal Walk
Take a guided or self-guided tour of New Zealand’s most active geothermal reserve, walking amongst erupting waters, an active mud volcano, and land coral. Experience getting your hands and feet dirty in our healing mud pool or try your hand at Māori carving. You’ll soon discover the legends and myths behind Hell’s Gate.
Hell's Gate Excite Experience
Combine all three of Hell’s Gate’s most popular experiences with this package. Take part in the guided or self-guided interactive geothermal walk, before indulging in our geothermal mud baths and sulphur spas. It’s a Rotorua experience you’ll never forget.
Includes a geothermal walk which takes between one and one and a half hours, as well as Māori carving. Then bathe in our world-famous mud baths and soak in the sulphur spas and cool plunge pool.
After you finish your amazing thermal getaway experience, we make our way through the scenic roads of Waikato back to Auckland city.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location in Auckland City:Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.