Tongariro Discovery Walk
We will host you and share this amazing park with you. Your expert guide will point out the unique geology, flora and fauna and cultural history that makes
The full day option involves;
- Pick up/meet in Rotorua 8.00am / Taupo 9.00am
(One-hour travel time from Taupo or 1 hour 45 minutes from Rotorua)
- Start the day with the Taranaki Falls walk (2 hours), take in stunning views of Mount Ruapehu and Mount Ngauruhoe, continue on to the Tama Lakes if fitness allows (4 hours) or add Lake Rotopounamu if group is less fit). Lunch will be on route as day allows
- Return to Taupo / Rotorua
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Picnic lunch (sandwich, fruit, water, tea/coffee, sweet thing) with dietary requirements catered for.
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
One of NZ’s best one day walks!
We spend the day exploring NZ’s dual listed World heritage park. This is an easy walk for educated clients. We craft a day walk to suit the clients, including the best scenery, stunning waterfalls and spectacular geology. We go to places off the beaten track, avoid the Tongariro Crossing and enjoy New Zealand’s first National Park.
• Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at any hotel in rotorua at 8.00am and taupo hotels at 9.00am.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- We expect our clients will be vaccinated. We are.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.