Tour of The Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
Enjoy a guided tour of the legendary Hobbiton Movie Set on a full-day sightseeing tour from Auckland.
Leaving at 9:00, journey into the heart of the North Island, travelling through the lush green farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions. Be entertained and informed by your driver guide’s commentary, visiting Hobbiton, of ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ fame. What more could you want from a day? Just outside the town of Matamata is the 12 acre movie set, located on a picturesque 1,250 acre sheep and beef farm, where you can visit ‘Bag End’ the Hobbit Hole belonging to Bilbo, or sample the unique brew at the Green Dragon Inn.
Hobbiton is a remarkable place, created by Sir Peter Jackson for his films, but now existing as a living, breathing piece of Middle-Earth. You’re guaranteed to fall in love with the rambling paths & hillsides of the Shire.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
08:45 - 09:00 am Pick-up from a hotel in Auckland CBD, port or airport.
09:00 - 11:30 am Driving to Hobbiton. Your knowledgeable guide-driver will tell you about New Zealand, its history and people and, of course, about Hobbiton. You are more than welcome to ask questions.
11:30 am - 12:00 pm While your guide will grab the pre-paid tickets, you are welcome to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee at Shire Rest Cafe with a spectacular view of Alexander's farm. Then you will get on a local tour bus with other tourists and drive to Hobbiton. It takes 5-7 minutes.
12:00 - 02:00 pm Hobbiton tour. A local English speaking tour guide who will meet you in a bus will take care of you during this 2-hour tour.
02:00 - 02:30 It's time to buy souvenirs at a local gift shop.
02:30 - 05:00 Driving back to Auckland.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :SkyCity Hotel Auckland, 72 Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.