TSS Earnslaw & BBQ Buffet Lunch
A return scenic cruise from Queenstown Bay, across stunning Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak High Country Farm on our vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw, a farm demonstration and a delicious BBQ Lunch served on the sunny terrace at the Colonel’s Homestead.
The rural demonstrator will give guests an insight into life in the New Zealand high country by providing an entertaining farm show including working sheep dogs.
Enjoy a unique dining experience at Walter Peak where the menu showcases food and wine from the wider Central Otago region. Chefs prepare a tasty selection of meats on the outdoor grill, while fresh, seasonal salads and vegetables are available from the dining area of the Colonel’s Homestead. Top off lunch with a selection of delicious sweet treats and local cheeses.
Please be sure to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time to check in.
What's included :
- Gourmet BBQ Lunch
- Farm Show
- Live English commentary on board as well as interpretation handouts in English, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Thai, Korean and Chinese
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Return Cruise on Lake Wakatipu on the steamship TSS Earnslaw from Queenstown to Walter Peak. Stop at Walter Peak for lunch and a sheep shearing demonstration.
Stop At: Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant, Walter Peak 9793, New Zealand
Enjoy a quintessential Kiwi experience – a delicious gourmet BBQ lunch and a farm demo in a stunning lakeside setting.
Your lunch starts with a cruise aboard the historic TSS Earnslaw across to Walter Peak High Country Farm. Once there, you can sit back on the lakeside terrace of the Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant and savor the delicious aromas as our chef has the best of local produce, sizzling away on the grill.
Our lunch menu has been refreshed with the introduction of our new executive chef, so you'll have a plenty to choose from our seasonal menu - salads, vegetables, succulent meat cooked on the outdoor rotisserie or grill. If you’re vegetarian, don’t worry, you are well catered for too. Then finish your meal with a scrumptious dessert.
After your lunch, you can join an entertaining farm demonstration or explore the beautiful lakeside gardens.
Please note: The TSS Earnslaw will be on survey 02 June – 15 July 2018 and the TSS Earnslaw will NOT be operating. During this period travel to and from Walter Peak is by launch and the lower price reflects this change.
Departure Point :88 Beach Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Note: Menu items are subject to change based on chef's discretion and seasonal availability.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- Government regulations strictly adhered to. Covid Tracing App QR Code displayed- for those not using the app there is a paper sign-in sheet.