Volcanic Coast Day Trip In Opito Bay
Coromandel Sea Kayaks is a brand new company owned and operated by experienced, local guides.
We know the best spots on the Peninsula that even many of the locals do not know about. Kayak to beautiful beaches that have no road or track access, we quite literally almost always have it to ourselves.
Being a small company we pride ourselves in providing an authentic and personal experience. We have brand new, top of the line equipment and experieced, qualified quides.
If you want to escapse the crowded tourist hotspots and see the true beauty of the Coromandel then come along and go kayaking with us!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All kayaking and safety equipment *Plus dry bag and extra warm/windproof clothing
- Snacks - A small 'Picnic' usually takes place on a beautiful beach with light refreshments
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
After departing Whitianga, we drive the breathtaking Blackjack Road to Opito Bay.
You will be given a brief safety introduction before we get on the water and the real adventure begins. Paddle along beautiful volcanic coastlines, stop at deserted beaches, navigate caves and off-shore islands, all while learning about the fascinating history, geology, flora and fauna of the area.
Be prepared for an off-the beaten track adventure like no other on the Coromandel Peninsula. If you are looking to escape the crowded tourist hotspots and see the true beauty of the Coromandel then this trip is for you.
*You can choose to either travel with us from Whitianga, or to meet us at the kayaking departure point of Opito Bay
• Mercury Bay, Albert Street Whitianga, Coromandel 3510 New Zealand
• Opito Bay Beach, Opito Bay Road, Kuaotunu 3592 New Zealand
• Simpsons Beach, Whitianga New Zealand
• Coromandel Peninsula, Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato Region, North Island
• Kuaotunu, Kuaotunu, Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato Region, North Island
• Otama Beach, Black Jack Road, Kuaotunu 3592 New Zealand
Departure Point :90 Opito Bay Road, Opito Bay 3592, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm your exact pick up via email after booking
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers who commonly experience sea sickness
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We have an official NZ Covid Tracer QR Code available to scan at the point of sign in.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.