Wai-O-Tapu & Hobbiton Movie Set in a Small Group Tour (Auckland Return)
Explore Wai-O-Tapu, Thermal Wonderland of Lady Knox Geyser and the active geothermal area with its volcanic features, with a scenic tour of Lake Rotorua and Rotorua Government Gardens and then be amazed on a fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set. Discover how a sheep farm was turned into the world famous movie set of Lord of The Rings and Hobbit movies.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Lake Rotorua is the second largest lake in the North Island of New Zealand
Pass By: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
Historical government gardens
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Wai-O-Tapu is a surreal and colourful, thermal wonderland of Geothermal activity. Witness the Lady Knox Geyser at 10.15am and then take a walk along the geothermal track. Your walk will take you on paths amongst the volcanic areas and the surrounding bushes with beautiful sounds of our native birds.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Waiotapu Boardwalk/ Mud Pool, Waiotapu Loop Road, Wai-O-Tapu New Zealand
Boiling mud pool
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
The Hobbiton Movie set is on a working sheep farm owned by the Alexander family where you will see hundreds of sheep grazing amongst the lush farmland, the Shire’s rest (the gateway to Hobbiton) with a cafe and an ice cream parlour where you can get a cup of coffee or ice cream while we get your tickets. You will board one of the green buses and with a professional guide embark on the tour to a 12 acre movie set
This movie set is located on a family run farm, the tour would reveal how this picturesque farmland was transformed into the Shire from Middle Earth.
Discover the rolling hillside, walkways and Hobbiton holes from the movies. Experienced guides will guide and give you interesting facts about how the movies were made. See live the Hobbiton Holes, the Green Dragon Inn, The Mill and the Party Tree.
Your Middle Earth adventure will end with a complimentary ale, beer, cider or ginger beer at the Green Dragon Inn.
We then make our return journey through lush countryside with its rolling hills and different farm animals
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Airport pick ups available on private and group bookings only, please contact us for further information.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Queens wharf
- Princess wharf
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.