Waiheke Island Private Art Walk
Waiheke Island is an artsy and creative place. On the Waiheke Island Private Art Walk you’ll enjoy a personalised tour of galleries, sculpture parks and artist studios.
This tour is available for groups of 2-8, and we’ll design it to suit your interests and requirements.
Visit art galleries in Oneroa, including an artists’ collective and the Community Art Gallery. Meet artists and gallery staff.
Visit the local sculpture park and learn about this fascinating outdoor art.
Visit sculptor and painter studios and an artisan shoemaker.
Your tour price includes lunch at the spectacular home and studio of painter Gabriella Lewenz.
Our Private Art Walk takes approximately five hours, and is done at a very leisurely pace, suitable for a variety of fitness levels. so you can enjoy both the art and the scenery around you.
After being surrounded by such creativity, plus the beauty of nature, you will come away feeling refreshed and inspired.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- Lunch - Lunch at artist’s home and studio
- Entry/Admission - Waiheke Community Art Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Gabriella Lewenz Studio Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Sue Engels shoemaker
What's excluded :
- Ferry fares
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waiheke Island, Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Central, Auckland 1081 New Zealand
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Waiheke Community Art Gallery, 2 Korora Road, Auckland, Waiheke Island 1081 New Zealand
Waiheke Community Art Gallery’s range of exhibitions inspires and delights, bringing the best of New Zealand art to the Island and offering the best of Waiheke art to the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gabriella Lewenz Studio Gallery, 40 Motukaha Road, Auckland, Waiheke Island 1971 New Zealand
Gabriella Lewenz is an American - New Zealand artist based on Waiheke Island. Born and raised in Greece, she lived in Pakistan before moving to USA in her early teens. She studied at Rhode Island School of Design and at Boston Museum School of Fine Arts - at Tufts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sue Engels shoemaker, 56 Mako Street, Oneroa, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Sue Engels has been making shoes since 1990, and her bespoke designs are more than just comfortable footwear - they are truly gorgeous works of artistic craftsmanship. We visit Sue in her charming workshop at the bottom of her Waiheke garden.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Space Art Gallery, 114 Ocean View Road Shop 4, Oneroa, Auckland, Waiheke Island 1081 New Zealand
Space Gallery is an artists collective in Oneroa, Waiheke Island. One of the artists will be on hand to describe the work being displayed.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Waiheke Community Art Gallery, 2 Korora Road, Oneroa, Waiheke Island 1081, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will be holding a sign and standing on your left as you leave the ferry at Waiheke Island.Ports
- Fullers Ferry Waiheke Island, 1 Ocean View Road, Oneroa, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Advisable to bring: walking shoes, water, raincoat, day pack, money for art purchases
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have a full health and safety plan that includes managing the risk of Covid and have procedures in place to ensure the risk is minimised and mitigated and that we fully comply with all NZ government requirements - you will be required to sign in with the Covid app for tracking and tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.