Waitomo Glowworm & Aranui Twin Cave Experience
Experience the magnificent Aranui Cave, along with glow worm cave set within a natural forest reserve in Waitomo. Under the green hills of Waitomo lies a labyrinth of caves, sinkholes and underground rivers. Explore the ancient cave formations, high chambers and huge stalactites and stalagmites. Discover serenity in the most delicate and intimate of the main caves in Waitomo. Get off the beaten track & discover one of Waitomo's best-kept secrets. Aranui Cave is a magical, mystical place that is steeped in Maori myth and legend.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to fully guided 45 minutes experience Waitomo Glow Worm Cave
- Boat ride on an underground stream through the Waitomo Glow worm Caves
- Admission to fully guided 30 minutes experience Waitomo Aranui Cave
- Experience top best North Island destinations in one day on an all-encompassing tour
- Marvel at awe-inspiring stalactites and stalagmites during the iconic Glow-worm Caves tour
- Stare up at thousands of glowing glow-worms above you
- Experience a boat trip like no other, journeying through the starry expanse of the Glowworm Grotto
- Walk through the Cathedral Cave and experience the amazing acoustics
- Immerse yourself in geology and history of the Waitomo caves with the help of a tour guide
- See more glow-worms than you could ever imagine all lighting up above your head!
- Leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature
- The most beautiful of caves, Aranui has a resplendent array of stalactites and stalagmites
- Catch a glimpse of the New Zealand cave-dwelling weta
- Discover an ancient underground labyrinth of limestone caves and grottos
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Aranui Cave
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Be amazed by thousands of magical glowworms above as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. The enchanting Waitomo Caves have been attracting visitors for more than 120 years, thanks to their incredible limestone formations and luminescent glowworms. The subterranean cave system is located beneath the rolling green countryside of the Waikato, one of New Zealand’s prime farming regions. Your guided Waitomo Caves tour will be an unforgettable sightseeing experience as you walk through majestic caverns, explore limestone shafts, marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites and enjoy a boat ride through a grotto lit by thousands of tiny native glowworms.
Glowworm caves in New Zealand offer visitors the chance to explore dark caves that are lit up by thousands of tiny glowworms (scientifically known as Arachnocampa Luminosa) who shine bright as a way to attract their prey.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aranui Cave, 39 Waitomo Caves Road Ruakuri Scenic Reserve, Otorohanga 3977 New Zealand
Discover the exquisite interior decorations that have to be seen to be believed. The high chambers, magnificent limestone formations and the pale brown, pink and white shades of the huge stalactites in the Aranui Cave are truly spectacular. Almost every corner of the roof and walls are adorned with fragile, sparkling forms in pale brown, pink and white in our most intimate cave system.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- No photography is permitted inside the Waitomo caves, and cameras and Go Pros cannot be taken on the tour.
- Photography is permitted in Aranui Cave so bring your camera to click the best shots.
- No backpacks or large bags allowed in cave due to delicate formations.
- Please do not touch the formation in the cave as it discoloured easily, please help us protect our cave.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.