Wanaka 4x4 Explorer The Ultimate Lake and Mountain Adventure
The Ultimate Lake and Mountain Adventure
Wanaka’s boat and 4×4 tour brings you the best of both worlds with views from the lake and land looking over remote islands and National Parks. From start to finish we are off the beaten path, no people, truly remote, truly stunning. The best place to enjoy the views and your gourmet picnic!
The 4 hour tour departs from the Wanaka Marina and includes a 20 minutes boat ride to and from the base of Mt. Burke where you and your guide board our 4x4.
per adult from
What's included :
- Gourmet Picnic
- Small-group tour, max of 5 per vehicle
- Exclusive acces to Mt. Burke Station
- Return boat trip.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wanaka Water Taxi and Wanaka 4x4 Explorer, On the Jetty, Wanaka 9305 New Zealand
We will meet you on the jetty of the Wanaka Marina on Lakeside Road.
Parking is very limited in the marina and not allowed on the graveled area. You can drive past the marina and park on the left side of Lakeside Rd once it turns up the hill. Or walk from the town center.
Stop At: Lake Wanaka, Wanaka New Zealand
Wanaka’s boat and 4×4 tour brings you the best of both worlds with views from the lake and land looking over remote islands and the National Park. From start to finish we are off the beaten path, no people, truly remote, truly stunning.
Your trip starts by boating up Lake Wanaka towards the head of Stevenson’s arm with tremendous views of glacier carved mountains, a constantly changing vista of steep walls and alpine peaks. We cruise past Stevenson’s Island to our landing point at the foot of Mt Burke.
Boarding our 4×4 Vehicle we climb above the lake, your view expands until all of Lake Wanaka lays before you in a stunning panorama of crystal clear blue water and the alpine peaks of Mount Aspiring National Park.
Take some time to enjoy the solitude and enjoy the best view in Wanaka! Your guide will give you an insight into the history of the farm station and the geology of the Alps and some of the stories of the early settlers while you enjoy your gourmet picnic.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Wanaka Marina, Lakeside Road, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Please advise with your choice of picnic.
- There are no toilets on this tour.
- Please dress appropriately, it can be colder on the mountain so bring a jacket.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.