Wanaka Nature Encounter: Lake Cruise and 4WD Safari
Combining our spectacular backcountry 4WD safari with Eco Wanaka Adventures' Lake Cruise and Island Walk - the Wanaka Nature Encounter offers the opportunity to experience the best of Wanaka's natural beauty -all within a day. Enjoy a morning boat cruise to an island nature reserve, a private audience with rare native birds and a guided walk to view a lake on top of an island!!
Enjoy an hour lunch break at one of Wanaka's many cafes (guests expense) before embarking on an exclusive 4WD adventure exploring some of New Zealand's most spectacular backcountry covering terrain most locals have never seen. Breathtaking views of the Southern Alps whilst exploring private farm roads. See Red Deer, sheep, Angus Cattle up close and grazing in their natural environment.
Maximum group size is 12 travelers.
What's included :
- Morning and Afternoon tea
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
Stop At: Ridgeline Adventures, Wanaka 9382 New Zealand
• Morning Lake Wanaka cruise
• Expert local Wanaka guides
• Guided Island nature walk to summit (40 minutes)
• Nature interpretation
• Native bird watching
• See Islands secret, a Lake on top on the island!
• Afternoon 4WD safari through West Wanaka Station
• Mountain-top panoramic views
• Easy alpine meadow nature walks (30 minutes)
• Historical sites
• Help with our predator control programme
Duration: 14 hours 40 minutes
Departure Point :Wanaka, Wanaka, Otago Region, South Island
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good level of fitness required. The Island nature walk is uphill, the guide will stop on the way to chat and for guests to rest.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers