Wedding Māori Welcome
If you are looking to include New Zealand Maori culture and a Welcome to Wanaka/Queenstown and to your special day this Powhiri welcome is a unique and special memory to include in your wedding day.
Because it is personalised we can discuss what best suits your needs, from experience it is ideally suited prior to the Bride, Groom and Wedding party entering the reception, or at a gathering with all guests and family prior to the wedding day itself. The Bridge and Groom get a bone carving and the guests and wedding party get an experience they will remember in your wedding forever.
per adult from
What's included :
- All activities
What's excluded :
- Transportation to and from the venue by WanaHaka® will be added as a separate charge.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Wanaka, Wanaka New Zealand
The Wedding Māori welcome being performed by an individual Māori warrior allows for a more personalised and connected welcome to the Wanaka and Queenstown region of New Zealand. Initially a Wero/Challenge is performed by the Māori warrior to ascertain you are here in peace(being your wedding I assume you are(insert smiley face), then the Hongi/Māori greeting is performed and explained with the wedding party and Bride and Groom and the Queenstown/Wanaka Haka is performed to welcome one and all-contrary to belief the Haka is not always performed as a challenge and not just for sport.
From experience, this incredible and passionate welcome to New Zealand is either best included on the day or days prior to your wedding day if you get everyone together at once, or at the wedding reception upon your entry to the reception.
Departure Point :Wanaka, Wanaka, Otago Region, South Island
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.