Wellington Lord of the Rings City Tour with Small Group
Half day Lord of the Rings location tour brings the best locations in Wellington City. This is the best way to see Wellington’s Lord of the Rings locations in half a day with a knowledgeable Lord of the Rings specialist guide.
Includes; Mt Victoria, the Wellington film studios and post production facilities, including the Weta Workshop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Weta Workshop
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This half day tour brings out the best locations in Wellington City and is the best way to see Wellington’s Lord of the Ring locations.
Around the city the tour takes in Courtenay Place and the Embassy Movie theatre where they had the world premier of LOTR: Return of the King and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Then it up to Mt Victoria for some magnificent views of the city and harbour, on the drive down a stop will be made at ‘Green Belt’ a forest location where you will walk through the forest to where several of the movie scenes were shot.
It is then off to ‘Wellywood’ the Wellington film studios and post production facilities, including the Weta Workshop. You will visit the brand new ‘Windows into Workshop’ exhibition. This is a guided tour of the physical prop-making and makeup side of the Weta studio.
There will be time to see the mini-museum & souvenir shop before being returned to the City or back to the Ship.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Wellington Cruise PortAddress: 1 Hinemoa St, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New ZealandDirections: Meeting Instructions - Wellington Lord of the Rings 1/2 DayYour cruise ship will come into Port Wellington. Once you disembark you will follow the gangways. The buses will be departing from outside there. Please look for a "Rover Rings" mini bus. Please get there around 8:00am for an 8:15am departure.Please be aware that your ship may be docked in a restricted wharf area and you may be required to get a (free) shuttle ticket to the central iSite before you disembark. If that is the case, then take the shuttle ticket but do not board the shuttle. Continue with the instructions we have given you and look for the "Rover Rings"Dates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Returns to original departure pointPorts
- CentrePort Wellington, 1 Hinemoa Street, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Small group limited to 9 people
- Regular departures are at 8.15am, however if your cruise arrives later there may be an afternoon departure at 1.15pm. For those arriving later, your pickup time will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.