Wellington Movie Tour
See where the famous Lord of the Rings filming all began in the “Hobbiton Woods” before exploring the home of NZ’s movie-making industry and visiting the Weta Cave with optional Weta Cave Workshop Tour available.
Exclusive on-location movie clips included.
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adventure Safari, Wellington New Zealand
Mt Victoria with Hobbiton Woods.
Evans Bay with famous Wellington sign.
Miramar - home to NZ's filming industry.
Weta Cave with optional Weta Cave Workshop Tour.
Park Road Post Production, Stone Street Studios (entry not permitted).
Exclusive filming behind-the-scenes stories, movie clips and inside knowledge (when we are allowed to tell ;)
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mount Victoria, Alexandra Lookout Rd, Wellington 6001 New Zealand
Walk in the Hobbiton Woods. See where filming for Lord of the Rings began back on October 11, 1999.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Wellington Movie Tours, 145 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.