West Coast Tree Top Walk Experience
An exhilarating treetop adventure among temperate rain forest giants. Experience life with the birds high in the ancient Rimu and Kamahi tree canopy.
Easy access for all to enjoy along a steel platform 20 metres high and over 450 metres long.
Gently sway in harmony with the forest on the Mahinapua Springboard. View the exquisite Lake Mahinapua through the richly diverse forest foliage.
Thrill seekers will feel their heart pump and the adrenalin rush as they climb to the top of the Tower 47 metres above the forest floor.
Be inspired by a sensational vista of the majestic snow-capped Southern Alps, Lake Mahinapua and the Tasman sea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Westcoast Treetop Walk & Cafe
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Visit: Westcoast Treetop Walk & Cafe, 1128 Woodstock-Rimu Road, Hokitika 7883 New Zealand
Finding your way here is simple as we are just 15 minutes south of Hokitika as you head to Franz Josef Glacier.
Once you are in our car park you will see the Cafe, Gift Shop and Ticketing all located in the building just a short stroll over Johnny's Creek.
Once you have your ticket for the Tree Top Walk the team will provide you a briefing and supply you with your self guiding brochure.
There is a 300 metre up hill walk (on site transport is available if you need assistance) and as you progress along you will see the walkway structure and the majestic Lake Mahinapua.
Your brochure guide will supply you great detail about the surrounding area, trees and wildlife. Along the entire walk there are a number of interruption panels providing you additional information.
To get the full benefit and enjoyment of the walk, after all you are on holiday, the walk will take around 45 minutes, but you can take all day up to closing if you wish.
Once back at the building you can enjoy great coffee, drinks, food and even some gift shopping.
The walk is suitable for all ages and is accessible for strollers and wheelchairs.
Departure Point :Westcoast Treetop Walk & Cafe, 1128 Woodstock-Rimu Road, Hokitika 7883 New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange pick with a local tour operator at your expense.Airports
- Hokitika Airport, Hokitika New Zealand
Departure Time :4/1/2019 - 5/1/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 02:15 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 02:15 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 02:15 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 02:15 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 02:15 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 03:15 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 03:15 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to extreme weather, and we have to close we will offer an alternative day or full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.