Whaka Trails and Maori Village Combo Tour
Our combo offers your access to our Iconic Village Guided Tour learning of our rich history, traditions and how our people utilise the geothermal that the village sits upon, including a corn on the cob cooked in our hot pools. Hot pools and Geysers all situated in one iconic place.
Our Geothermal Trails was opened in December 2021, you will experience untouched natural landscapes, mud pools and steaming lakes, excellent photo opportunities and suitable for the entire family.
per adult from
What's included :
- Combo includes access to Whaka Geothermal Trails & Village Guided Tour
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
- Entry/Admission - Pohutu Geyser
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
You will take a Guided Tour through our Village to experience the amazement of nature’s hot-spring pools including viewing the world famous Pohutu Geyser from viewing platforms, and learning of our history, traditionscultre and how we utilise the Geothermal that our village sits upon, including a tasting experience of a corn on the cob cooked in our largest hot pool.
You can then take a self-guided leisurely walk through our Geothermal Trails that provides exclusive access to untouched geothermal landscapes where Visitors can experience the raw nature of Papatuanuku (mother-earth). These Jurassic park-like trails are described as providing regenerative powers as You find yourself face-to-face with Hot-spring Lakes, bubbling Mud pools, Geysers, and Manuka bush trails.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pohutu Geyser, 42 Tukiterangi Street, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
On our guided tour you will visit 2 lookout platforms to view the amazing Pohutu Geyser which erupts as mother nature intened up to 2 times per hour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :17 Tryon Street, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- We will be asking all visitors to follow any Ministry of Health recommended guidelines to keep our visitors and Village people safe.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.