White Water Rafting - Kaituna Cascades, The Originals
Kaituna Cascades was the original company to explore and start rafting the Kaituna River, a long standing goal achieved and one we are very proud of. Experience the thrills and spills of the Mighty Kaituna River as we take on the world famous 7 meter Tutea Falls, the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world. Together with your expert guide, your team will enjoy a 50 minute action packed ride down 14 epic rapids in a tight and twisting warm water jungle canyon. This is a white water enthusiasts dream and is a must do for adrenaline junkies and 1st timers rafters alike! All of our guides are handpicked, highly skilled professionals that come from an extreme whitewater background in Kayaking and Rafting. We strive to give you the safest and most entertaining trip on the river! Our aim is have FUN, So come join us for this EPIC once in a lifetime experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Custom built rafts, wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets, paddles, fleece tops, wetsuit booties, and splash jackets
- Local, professional & highly trained guides
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Our sweet Rafting Base in Okere Falls is in an awesome sunny location, surrounded by a scenic reserve and backs onto the shores of the Kaituna. We are the closest and most accessible company to the river.
We are located at 18 Okere Falls Road, Rotorua, New Zealand. It's a short 15 min drive from Rotorua Township, & just 10 mins from Rotorua Airport.
Okere Falls has a beautiful short walk through the scenic reserve which you can view many rapids of The Kaituna River, there is even an amazing cafe around the corner. This makes for a great half day trip out to this stunning region of Rotorua.
• Kaituna Cascades, 18 Okere Falls Road Rotorua, Rotorua 3074 New Zealand
• Okere Falls, Okere Falls, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
• Kaituna River, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Departure Point :18 Okere Falls Road, Okere Falls 3074, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Availability is all year round - Warm water in the summer and cooler in the winter (more gear provided)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Government QR Code
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.