Wilderness Adventure Including Scenic flight Self-guided Hike and Jet Boat Ride
The original since 1975 and still the best! Four hours of unique New Zealand wilderness adventure in the vast Mount Aspiring National Park. Experience a true New Zealand wilderness adventure. Fly, Walk, and Jet boat through New Zealand’s most spectacular alpine environment on an adventure like no other.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Scenic flight
- Scenic hike
- Jet boat ride
- Free parking at Wonderland Makarora Lodge, Makarora West
- Glaciers-Waterfalls-Remote Landing-Nature Hike-Native Bush-Jetboat Safari-Crystal Clear Rivers-Great
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Aspiring National Park, Ballantyne Rd, Wanaka New Zealand
Your scenic flight departs from Makarora, and you fly for around 25 minutes through magnificent alpine river valleys to land beside the remote Siberia river. Your hiking trail follows the Siberia river before climbing to a low pass overlooking the magnificent Wilkin river valley, a good spot for lunch or a sandwich. You descend to the Wilkin River and then walk along an easy trail to the point where your jet boat meets you for an exhilarating ride back out to Makarora and "civilisation". Allow 4-5 hours for the whole trip.
The forest on the walk is beautiful with mossy logs, small side streams, glimpses of waterfalls and snowy peaks high above you. You will likely see fantails and may be lucky enough to spot Kaka or wood pigeons.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Southern Alps Air - Scenic Flights, 12 Lloyd Dunn Avenue Wanaka Airport SH6, Wanaka 9382 New Zealand
Let Southern Alps Air show you the beautiful landscapes from the Sky
Departure Point :Wonderland Makarora Lodge, 5944 Haast Pass-Makarora Road, Makarora 9382, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Service animals allowed with permission from Department of Conservation
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.