Showgrounds Park Motor Camp
Welcome to Showgrounds Park Motor Camp and to our cabins where we pride ourselves on our clean facilities and tidy spacious grounds. We hope you enjoy your stay and trust that you will respect your environment. But should you find that items are missing or damaged, do not hesitate to notify our Reception staff.
Please make use of the facilities around the camp such as the bbq, outside space, guest lounge, kitchen, laundry, showers etc.
We like to make everyone’s stay pleasant and enjoyable, so if you wish to make some helpful suggestions or comments on our camp, we encourage you to fill out the guest survey sheet provided in this folder and hand it into Reception.
Set in a tranquil location amongst 100–year old trees on the 40 hectares of Showgrounds Park, this Qualmark-rated camp has appeal throughout the year unmatched by any other.
Only minutes from Gisborne City and beaches, the Camp offers basic cabins, on-site caravans, and both powered and non-powered camp sites in shady seclusion or wide open spaces.
This camp, 40 hectares of country in the city located amongst 100-year-old trees at Showgrounds Park...
• is only 4kms from city, shops, museum, and wineries
• is only 1.5 minutes to LPG/fuel station and Makaraka Village shops
• is minutes from Gisborne’s beautiful Midway and Waikanae surf beaches and many Gisborne Attractions
• has 10 smokefree chalet-style cabins and amenities block
• has a spacious smokefree modern kitchen and lounge area
• has 50 power points – parking for even the largest motorhome
• is adjacent to an 18-hole golf course, and equestrian grounds and covered arena
• is adjacent to Gisborne Equestrian Centre with covered riding arena
• Event Centre on-site may be hired for functions, meetings, gatherings
• welcomes pets, even horses!